Have you been considering implementing an ITIL-based ITSM solution for your Change Management? Have you considered implementation along side of Six Sigma? They fit together like “peas and carrots.”
Six Sigma is a business management strategy originated at Motorola in the mid 80s. Later in the mid 90s, it was made into a household name by Jack Welch of GE. Today, Six Sigma is a widely used strategy for improving the quality of processes. The Six Sigma quality improvement model is DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control.
Begin your planning today with the offer below.
Working together ITIL and Six Sigma can be thought of as the what and how of your Service Desk processes. While an ITIL-based framework for your Service Desk is universally accepted as the way to build a best-in-class Service Desk, Six Sigma is a deployment strategy that describes a process for selection of improvement projects and provides a governance process.
Conversely, Six Sigma does not specify any best practices for ITSM and ITIL does not specify how priorities should be assigned. ITIL is a comprehensive set of best practices and guidelines for an IT Organization to build their processes for managing a Service Desk. When you overlay Six Sigma, a methodology and tools for continuous quality improvement, you add a way to standardize and optimize any process, a valuable tool for building your ITIL workflows.
In her set of articles on combining ITIL and Six Sigma, Linh C. Ho notes these 5 important takeaways:
- Using Six Sigma, the proven business-driven quality method, brings priority and focus to the business bottom line for IT management.
- Using Six Sigma helps IT eliminate recurring problems/defects that impact customers or the business.
- The key techniques of Six Sigma are immediately applicable for IT Service Management, whether the company is using Six Sigma or not.
- Automated Six Sigma techniques can be incorporated with ITSM solutions.
- Six Sigma complements the CSI phase of ITIL.
ITIL + Six Sigma = Best-in-Class Service Desk Solution.